- LSE Middle East Centre – The Danger of Analogical Myths: Explaining the Power and Consequences of the Sykes-Picot Delusion
- Turkey’s Thirty-Year Coup - The New Yorker
- Meet the Man Who Should Be the Next Secretary of State | The Nation
Over the top fawning interview of the nonetheless quite sharp Chas Freeman
- Cairobserver — British Museum Announces Modern Egypt Collection
This looks cool.
- Morocco tipped off Israeli intelligence, 'helped Israel win Six Day War' | The Times of Israel
Story seems rather exaggerated, and does not address why H2 did this.
- In Somalia, U.S. Escalates a Shadow War - The New York Times
- The Middle East and the Next Administration « LobeLog
- Putin, Syria, and Why Moscow Has Gone War-Crazy - The New Yorker
- Saudi Arabia, Where Even Milk Depends on Oil, Struggles to Remake Its Economy - The New York Times
- Egyptian teenagers risk their lives to join migrant flow to Europe
- IRIN | Egypt boat disaster shines light on new migration trend
Mahmoud Salem, channeling what many feel in Egypt
- The Copt’s Patrimony
- Video of Egyptian driver lamenting state of country goes viral | Middle East Eye
- Here’s why Assad’s army can’t win the war in Syria — Conflict Intelligence Team
Scathing assessment by a Russian analyst
- Youth Radicalisation in Egypt and the Complicated Relationship to Violence | Arab Reform Initiative
- Strapped for dollars and flooded with rice, Egypt to import more anyway | Reuters
Interesting on the dysfunctions of Egypt's supply system
- Au Maroc, le palais royal reste maître du jeu politique
- Olivier Roy : « La mort fait partie du projet djihadiste »
On nihilism in jihadism.
- Islamic State Announce Start of Algerian Operations - Tunisia Live
- A Breakthrough for Russia and the Regime in Syria - TIMEP
Hassan Hassan sees a checkmate for Moscow.
- Russia and Turkey agree gas pipeline deal
- The Saudis’ strategic failure
On oil strategy.
- Egypt denies talks on hosting Russian airbase — RT News
So some other arrangement envisaged, like Cairo West airbase for the US?
- 'Miss Upper Egypt' beauty pageant cancelled after threats of violence
- Saudi Aramco informed Egypt about suspending oil product supply: official | Reuters
This wouldn't have to do with that UN vote on Syria?
- Ethiopia Alleges Oromo Protesters Receiving Support From Egypt - Bloomberg
- Russian Paratroopers Set to Leave for Joint Drills in Egypt for First Time
- How social media undermined Egypt’s democratic transition - The Washington Post
Oct 21, 2016
Middle-East Links for October 2016
Key Takeaways: Escalating Tensions Between the U.S. and Iran Affect Presence of Foreigners in Iraq – On May 12, the United States Embas...
Ukraine’s ‘Democratic’ Dictatorship Anyone that thinks the "revolution" in the Maiden was started by the Ukrainians spontaneousl...
ISHM: January 25 - January 31, 2019 - EPIC : Key Takeaways : Iraqi Politicians Hold Series of Meetings with Foreign Officials, Expound Neut...
Beijing, SANA - Chinese Foreign Ministry called for conducting a “comprehensive, objective and impartial investigation” into the allege...