Jan 12, 2017
|Support TechDirt a Much Needed Investigative Resource for Tech Issues|
Defamation claims like this can force independent media companies to capitulate and shut down due to mounting legal costs…this is not a fight about who invented email. This is a fight about whether or not our legal system will silence independent publications for publishing opinions that public figures do not like.
- Self-Proclaimed 'Inventor Of Email' Is Back With Another Defamation Lawsuit
- Before You Call Geek Squad, You Should Know That Your Computer Repair Person May Be an FBI Informant
- EFF Urges Supreme Court To Throw Out $399 Million Damage Award Against Samsung in Apple Smartphone Patent Case
- What Are SLAPPs And Anti-SLAPPs... And Why Should You Care?
- EFF Outlines Plan to Fix the Broken Patent System
Jan 11, 2017
By now I'm sure everyone has heard of the press conference, which has had some quotable moments. I think we should all give the man a chance, we don't know how good, or bad, he'll be as of yet, until he's done at least 1 year in office. In my opinion. Enough of the speculation, please!
Anyway, the entire press conference is available for viewing here. Enjoy, or not. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
BEIRUT, LEBANON (7:30 P.M.) - A large group of rebels int the Wadi Barada area surrendered to the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) on Wednesday after a temporary agreement was put in place between the government and opposition.
Russia Today's (RT) Lizzie Phelan reported on Wednesday that at least 300 rebel fighters surrendered to the Syrian Arab Army inside the town of Deir Qannoun, as they see no reason to continue their fight.
Clashes are reportedly still taking place inside the Wadi Barada area, despite claims by the Damascus Governor of a ceasefire being implemented.
Syrian Arab News Agency (SANA) claimed that 50 militants have surrendered and over 600 people have managed to reach the Syrian Army's front-lines for safety - no confirmation from ground sources.
As far as the reported ceasefire, it appears to be holding among the non-jihadist rebels and Syrian Army; however, groups like Jabhat Fateh Al-Sham and Harakat Ahrar Al-Sham have not agreed to terms.
Source: AMN - Al-Masdar News | المصدر نيوز
- Syrian army says countrywide ceasefire to start midnight Thursday
- Militants surrender Wadi Barada water supply area to Syrian Army
- Young girl suicide bomber in Damascus police station blast- state TV
- Ceasefire in Syria to come into force at midnight, Turkey and Russia to act as guarantors
- Russia reduces forces in Syria but civil war rages on
This gave me a hearty laugh.
Key Takeaways: Iraqi Officials Meet Foreign Counterparts as Saudi Arabia and Iran Compete for Influence – On April 6, Prime Minister Ad...
Key Takeaways: Iraqi Leaders Meet Foreign Counterparts; Further Progress on KRG Formation – On May 3, Iraqi Prime Minister Adel Abdul-M...